Book Writing for Therapists and Other Healers
NAOMI ROSE, MA ~ Encouraging Your Flowering
Helping Therapists and Other Healers Write Books That Heal, Using the Writing from the Deeper Self Process
BECAUSE A GREAT LISTENER LIKE YOU DESERVES TO BE HEARD FAR AND WIDE
Depth heals. And our world is hungry for depth.
(Even if it doesn’t fully realize it yet.)
What we want most in life is to see who we really are — beyond the quick flash of the latest fad, the surface self-improvements, the conditioned concepts of self. Somewhere in us, we all sense that below the surface lies something real, even if we don’t always know how to reach it. And what we want most — consciously or not — is to reach that place . . . learn to live in that place.
This is your home territory.
“Thank you for listening to the heart of this book. It was inside me, and you welcomed it into being. Giving birth to books that heal is certainly your calling." — Doreen Hamilton, PhD; author, Essential Speaking: The 7-Step Guide to Finding Your Real Voice
Are you in a healing profession?
Do you have something special to share with others that you believe can help heal them? Would you like to do so on a larger scale than the number of clients you can reach in private practice . . . and also enhance your business at the same time . . . and also bring forth a beautiful expression from the depths of who you are that can help to heal the world?
Write a book.
The world needs what you have to give. And perhaps you feel a need to bring forth what’s in you in a way that’s authentic to you, as well.
We know that reading certain books can nourish our inner nature — offer us the experience of sanctuary — open us to the beauty of our own true being.
And under it all, that’s just what we want from a book. We want to see who we are. We want direct access to the materials (and im-materials) with which to grow our inner garden well. We long to be so moved, so attuned, inside, that we can envision living in a world where our beautiful essential fragrance reveals itself to us and is released into a transforming and welcoming world.
Writing a book is a way to accomplish all of this.
"What Naomi does superbly is to evoke the creative and articulate in each person who works with her, to such a degree that each one is surprised at his/her own talent for expression." — Gay Luce, co-founder (with Jean Houston), Nine Gates Mystery School
Does this sound surprising? Were you thinking that writing a book had to be an arduous marathon — a battle between the “id” and “superego” — a demonstration of proficiency such as you may have had to exert when writing papers and/or theses for school? If, like a great many people, you were negatively influenced by having to produce writing for some exterior purpose, such as obtaining a degree (even if it served an interior purpose), you may well think of writing a book in this way.
But writing a book from the Deeper Self is completely different. Here, you are the central focus. The primary “source material” is you. What lies within you that’s calling you, who you become in the process of drawing it forth, and discovering the unique ways in which the creative process organically moves in you — that’s what we pay attention to. That’s a good part of “listening your book into being.”
“It's a beautiful thing to listen to yourself. When you listen to yourself, you write your own book." — Sherif Baba
Books can be healers in their own right — transmitting what is being written about, conveying genuine aliveness and the kind of magic possible when the writer gives her/his full self to the writing. These books transform their readers — and, their authors.
This is the approach I take when working as a book developer with my clients. The process matters as much as the product. In fact, the process is essential to the quality of the end product.
Because it’s not about how many pages you write; it’s about how much of you is on the page.
"I am so honored that my book has been of value to you. I have felt very seen by you, and that is so much of what therapy is about. We all yearn for that." — Jenaii Gold, MFT, Author, The Moon, the Hare, and the Pearl: An Intuitive Guide to Psychotherapy
The Rewards of Writing a Book
The PERSONAL Rewards
Writing a book from the Deeper Self brings deep personal rewards to you as the writer. It allows you to:
💮 Bring forth the book of your heart.
💮 Be the one who gets to be well-listened to, this time.
💮 Learn to trust your writing-intuition.
💮 Take joy in your innate creativity. Write in your own way, pace, and voice.
💮 Discover and unearth hidden gifts in your work and in yourself.
💮 Transform your relationship to writing into one of deep connection and service.
💮 Emerge with a publishable manuscript, which you can release into the world as a print book, e-book, and/or audiobook.
The PROFESSIONAL Rewards
Writing a book from the Deeper Self, when assisted by my guidance and support, also brings a wide array of professional rewards. With a book establishing your platform in the world, you can not only guarantee that your book will be read (considering today’s opportunities in self-publishing as well as traditional publishing), but also:
📗 Reach a great many more people than can be seen in private practice with what you have to share — hundreds, thousands, possibly even millions of readers around the world.
📗 Attract compatible, pre-screened clients to your practice.
📗 Enjoy wonderful opportunities for your work to be known. This added credibility in your field can give you larger ways to make a positive difference in the world.
📗 Increase your income — both directly (through book sales) and indirectly (say, by developing and marketing products aligned with your books — such as online courses — as well as by teaching).
📗Make new friends and widen your circle of loved ones. Attract kindred colleagues, collaborators, and friends.
📗 Help to heal the world through your book.
To learn more about book development in general, click here.
Listening Your Book into Being — Together
Sound good? Don’t know where to start? Feel daunted by the prospect? That’s why I’m here — to help you write the book of your heart by listening your book into being.
This receptive approach works with the power of listening and being listened to. Your words flow out from there. Experience the joy of self-discovery, your authentic voice, as well as sharing with others the best of who you are.
I offer you expert, nurturing guidance and support from a book developer with a passion for deep listening and healing, and with over 30 years’ professional experience in the publications field as a book developer, editor, writer, consultant, and small publisher. A passion for accomplishment also accompanies my receptive focus, so if you stay the course, you will have a book that you love to show for it. And once your manuscript is complete, I also can guide you through the process of editing and publishing your book, and beyond (whether directly or through referrals to trusted colleagues). So if it serves you to, you can rely on me to take you through the entire process from “spark to finish.”
You don’t have to be alone in this process. I offer a complimentary 1/2-hour session by phone so that you can find out if the book of your heart will be served by our working together. You will come away with more clarity and, likely, more enthusiasm for what’s possible than when we began our conversation. I have a certain number of openings each month, and I invite you to take me up on this offer.
And to learn about my packages and rates, click below:
An easy way to get a sense of me and my work, and of your own book-writing capabilities, is to join my mailing list.
You’ll receive the gift of excerpt from my book, Starting Your Book: A Guide to Navigating the Blank Page by Attending to What’s Inside You. , along with deeply considered articles, tips, inspirations, and other offerings.
Sign up now.
“I felt that you were speaking from the heart in this book, seeking to be of service from the sincere desire to assist, not to indoctrinate or impress. And I felt that you and I were having a conversation.”—Sarah Beaber, writer
Everyone’s creative process is unique. It’s just a matter of finding yours and letting it bloom.
What Healers Have in Common with Process-Based Book Writing
The qualities in you that drew you to your work, and the skills you have developed in the process, can also help you enter the process of writing a book in an organic, right-at-home kind of way. You are a natural for writing a book in the way that I approach it.
You know how you listen to your clients? With spaciousness, deep interest, compassion, and with an attunement to finding the threads that ultimately weave together into a transformed whole?
💮 Whether you are a psychotherapist seeking to help clients truly befriend themselves and live from an authentic place
💮 or a bodyworker who picks up on and helps release the untold stories in the client’s musculature
💮 or an acupuncturist who knows what to ask your clients so that the causes of their pain can be addressed by inserting the needles in just the right places
💮 or some other dedicated healer, using whatever modality you have been drawn to —
you have listened many people into a truer connection with themselves and onto a more life-affirming path.
And in your heart, you know this is not only because of the trainings you have taken and the techniques you have learned.
It’s because of who you are. Your intimacy with yourself. Your gift of listening between the lines to help heal your clients’ hearts.
How you mirror back patterns and unrealized threads, and give your clients compassion where they may never have known compassion. How you open them to seeing themselves through your loving, supportive eyes. How you unveil glimpses in them of exciting new inner capacities.
It’s your turn to be listened to, now — and to listen your book into being.
We also have a unique encouragement for you from the healing world of flowers.
Flower essence remedies designed exclusively for my clients and customers — you — by the Australian company, Sacred Space Essentials.
“Cultivating the Deeper Self,” provides support for overcoming internal blocks (doubts, fears, not feeling good enough, “Who wants to hear from me?” etc.).
“Writing from the Deeper Self,” provides support for overcoming blocks to the actual expression of deep writing (e.g., can’t find the flow, elusive connection to inspiration, etc.).
“Bring Your Deep Writing into the World,” supports you in the outer, more extroverted process of book promotion and marketing, interviews (the aspect that many writers, more comfortable behind the scenes, would just as soon avoid).
Choose any or all from the set of three. To find out how these remedies can work to help you, see the Enhancements for Writers page on Flower Essences.
💗 I Love Working with Healers 💗
If you’ve been called to do healing work, I really want to help you write your book. I have such a special place in my heart for people who have been called to heal that I’ve been called to specialize in working with them.
Some of the things I love about working with healers:
💗 Healers go deep — into their material and into themselves. This makes our process of working together fruitful and often joyful.
💗 Healers are wonderful at being reflective. And reflection is a key ingredient that brings forth the heart of their book.
💗 Healers tend to be intuitive, to have patience with seeing how the pieces emerge and form a whole. This is how I work, too.
💗 Books written by healers can make a vibrant and subtle difference in the world.
💗 The book-development process is so satisfyingly reciprocal! I get to learn so much from healers’ wisdom, ways, and human understanding; and I get to give so much from my enthusiasm, mirroring, listening, encouragement, and book-shaping and -editing skills.
💗 When I work with healers, I feel like I am truly serving. And as you know from your own profession, there is almost nothing better than that!
I have helped many people in the healing professions to write the book of their heart in such a way that they felt known to themselves and able to enjoy the fulfillment of bringing forth what was in them. When we work together, you get to turn what may now be just a whisper of a desire into a tangible, shareable, marketable, healing book.
"Naomi provided the warm and inviting space that I needed to speak about my work and listen to the words as they emerged from within. She listened to my words before they were even shaped. She was fascinated with my ideas as I shared them with her, and this receptivity validated what I was wanting to write. She showed me how to write from my deeper Self.
"Naomi, thank you for listening to the heart of this book. It was inside me, and you welcomed it into being. Giving birth to books that heal is certainly your calling." — Doreen Hamilton, PhD, Author, Essential Speaking: The 7-Step Guide to Finding Your Real Voice
If you would like to explore writing the book of your heart with me, contact me to schedule a complimentary half-hour session. I reserve a number of spots a month for this purpose, so take me up on this invitation now!
SOME BOOKS AND AUTHORS WITH WHOM I HAVE WORKED
The process of writing a book can be its own reward. But you do also emerge with a wonderful product. Many of the healing professionals with whom I’ve worked now have books in print. Here are a few:
📗 Healing Civilization: Bringing Personal Transformation into the Societal Realm, by Claudio Naranjo, MD. Foreword by Jean Houston, PhD. (Nonfiction) Available from Rose Press on this site.
📗 The Star-Seer’s Prophecy (a fantasy trilogy of the healing journey), by Rahima Warren, MFT (ret.). Book One: Dark Innocence. Book Two: Fierce Blessings. Book Three: Perilous Bliss. (Fiction) Available from Rose Press on this site.
📗 Gifts of the Mandala: A Guided Journey of Self-Discovery, by Clare Goodwin, Psychosynthesis Therapist. Nonfiction. (Recommended reading for writers.)
📗 Forgiveness at Work, by Deborah Welch, PhD. Fiction.
📗 The Alchemy of Combat: Transforming Trauma in Combat Veterans, by Larry Decker, PhD. Nonfiction.
📗 The Moon and You: A Woman’s Guide to an Easier Monthly Cycle, by Barbara Hanneloré. Recipient, Indie Excellence Book Awards, Living Now Award. Nonfiction.
📗 Essential Speaking: The 7-Step Guide to Finding Your Real Voice, by Doreen Hamilton, PhD. Nonfiction. (Recommended reading for writers.)
📗 The Spirit Bundle, by Earlene Gleisner, RN, Reiki Master. Nonfiction.
📗 The Moon, the Hare, and the Pearl: The Way of Intuition in Psychotherapy, by Merle Jenaii Gold, PhD. Nonfiction.
The Story of One Client’s Healing Book-Writing Journey
The Star-Seer's Prophecy: an epic fantasy trilogy of the healing journey, by Rahima Warren, MFT (ret.). Available from Rose Press.
Rahima Warren, MFT (ret.) spent 18 years writing her epic fantasy trilogy about the healing journey, The Star-Seer’s Prophecy. I was her book developer, editor, and publisher during some of that time. Here’s a taste of her story.
Since its publication, Rahima’s trilogy about the healing journey, The Star-Seer’s Prophecy, has since gathered astonishingly grateful reviews from readers for its deep ability to help them heal from trauma. (And it’s a work of fiction — fantasy, to be specific — so there is no limit on how you can present what’s yours to present.)
Here’s the story of her writing journey (excerpted from a case study by copy writer Dana Watt):
Rahima Warren never aspired to be a fiction writer. In fact, she began writing solely for self-expression and personal enrichment. She never imagined she would be the author of The Star-Seer’s Prophecy, a fantasy trilogy about a young man’s journey from evil and suffering to redemption and love.
But Naomi Rose’s proven process for book development turned out to be just right for Rahima, as it centers on listening and allowing — creating a deep connection to the author’s process and unconscious. Naomi refers to this way of treasure hunting and extracting what is found as the “Writing from the Deeper Self” approach. Her belief is that “if you are willing to genuinely look into yourself, be patient with the process as it unfolds, and then write what comes to you, you can build a book, or whatever you choose, out of that.”
A Non-Linear Approach
This is not a linear, top-down means of creating but rather a more intuitive one. Its focus is largely on guiding, supporting, and nurturing, while mindfully seeking a balance between putting forth large, abstract ideas and the concrete details that make them accessible to a reader. This was an approach to writing that was in harmony with Rahima’s professional therapeutic trainings as well as her own creative approach.
Being an avid painter as well as writer, Rahima used this analogy to describe her experience of the Writing from the Deeper Self process: “If I set out with the intention of painting a landscape, I will get in a tangle and freeze up,” she explained. “But if I trust a process of listening and allowing from the unconscious, my painting just flows and becomes what it wants to be. I needed someone who understood that.”
Rahima also needed someone with the necessary industry knowledge and professional credentials to ensure that her book would be worth publishing. No problem. With over 30 years in the publications field as book developer, editor, writer, and published author, Naomi applied her extensive professional experience to their work together.
As the two women worked together, attention was given to characterization and bringing scenes to life through the addition of vivid details. There were several important characters and plot lines to develop and fine-tune. Naomi’s suggestion to keep the focus on Kyr and his experiences, internal conflicts, and emotions, gave shape and coherence to all three books: Book One – Dark Innocence; Book Two – Fierce Blessings; and Book Three – Perilous Bliss.
Another major focus was to improve the book’s flow by homing in on potential places where readers might not relate enough to be fully engaged with the story — for example as a result of too much “telling” and not enough “showing.”
Meeting initially every two weeks and then tapering off to less frequency, based on Rahima’s time and ability to work on her book, they developed a collaborative process. Rahima took Naomi’s suggestions and worked with them independently, turning them into her own words or scenarios.
“My work with Naomi was seamless. It was hard to tell where the developing began and ended, and where the editing picked up,” Rahima recounted. “She has a way of telling you what to fix or change without being critical. I needed that.”
Rahima acknowledged that she didn’t feel pressure to apply Naomi’s ideas and edits, and she appreciated having ultimate control of the book’s outcome. The result: Rahima’s book became more refined, the technical and grammatical edits were the polish needed for publication, and Rahima came away with new writing and editing skills.
Life Rewritten, Now an Author
This retired psychotherapist had no previous fiction-writing or editing experience. After working with Naomi, she had validation for her writing, creative fulfillment and growth, success in translating professional healing modalities to the writing process, met her goal to heal her readers, and had confidence to pursue further writing projects.
Working with Naomi provided the validation Rahima needed—that she had something valuable to offer through her writing, and that her writing had greatly improved.
As a result of honoring her inner character’s voice that longed for recognition and devoting a period of her life to telling his story, this retired psychotherapist ultimately found within herself a means to once again offer healing to people — this time through the writing. To her deep satisfaction, some readers actually experienced the kind of healing that being in therapy often provides, simply by reading the book.
“I could safely start to heal old wounds,” one reader, Tetje Ann Barbee, wrote to Rahima. “And it all happened through the story . . .”
While the process of getting the story down and perfecting it was its own reward — along with an expanded ease of being not only a writer but a good writer — Rahima also appreciates the external rewards she has received for all her deep work and devotion. She can now, with confidence, call herself an author and a fiction writer.
“It is so valuable to have someone who is a book developer, as well as a writer and editor — someone who gets your vision and supports you in creating a well-written book that embodies your soul’s offering,” Rahima said. “I say get the support for bringing out the book that your heart and soul want — and at the same time, get the support to make it a well-written work.”
The Star-Seer’s Prophecy has gathered rave reviews:
🌺 "Spellbinding . . . Fearless . . . Soulful . . . Redemptive"
🌺 “Longtime psychotherapist Rahima Warren brings her daring, passionate, and compassionate trilogy to a most satisfying close in Perilous Bliss [Book Three of the trilogy].
🌺 “If you’re ready to encounter your wounded side, to understand and release its pain, and to walk with it through a more serene future, then let yourself experience the fiercely potent, healing magic of The Star-Seer’s Prophecy, because it was written for you.” — Jodie Forrest, Author, The Rhymer and the Ravens, and The Ascendant
🌺 “A deep and powerful story that ranks with the best fantasy-fiction, ever. A richly rewarding story for those with the courage to seek the fullness of being alive."” – Richard Scheiffer, Mankind Project Elder
🌺 “Emotionally gripping, very well written, deeply moving . . . a magnificent story of the soul’s journey.” – R. C. Angell, MA, MFT
🌺 "Like eating thick, dark chocolate — deep, rich, dense, meaningful, and interesting — and very hard to put down. From her deep understanding of human nature, Rahima Warren has written a beautiful and unique story. Harrowing at times, it is ultimately positive, inspiring, and expansive. I'm grateful for the privilege of being able to read it, and I can't wait for the next book! "— Ivana Marshall, MA, Counselor
🌺 And many more.
The book has also been used by therapists as bibliotherapy to help clients heal from trauma:
🌸 "As a mental health specialist, I have dedicated the last 15 years to helping others process many different kinds of trauma. A special kind of progress can be made from bibliotherapy selections when working with certain clients. Trauma work often is not an easy road, but it is an important and often life-saving effort. I have used Dark Innocence with clients who have found themselves stuck in their therapeutic progression with great success, in terms of unlocking parts of themselves and their experiences that — until this point — have been inaccessible." — Molly Doll, MS, LPC, NCC
🌸 "The story is told as an exciting fantasy tale peopled with believable characters of emotional depth, yet Rahima Warren is unflinching in exposing the inner and outer struggle with loss and suffering, and the need to recommit again and again to the 'hard path' of healing. For both Kyr and the reader, the outcome is worth the effort, and could be inspiring to anyone dealing with emotional healing.” — Hannah Kusterer, MFT
You can read about Rahima Warren’s The Star-Seer’s Prophecy trilogy, and also listen to a short chapter narrated by actress Sarah Beth Goer, by clicking here. You can also take heart from her journey — during and after the writing — and start looking forward to your own.
And Now forYour Book . . .
As a person of depth and integrity who has chosen a vocation founded on the premise that wholeness is not only possible but also is our human birthright, you know so much about the healing power of being heard. Perhaps you were the first person in your clients’ lives to hold a receptive, healing focus so they could release their acquired negative self-beliefs and begin to grow into the potentials that you saw in them.
Now may be the time for you to write a book that the world needs to receive for its deep healing — and do so in a way that places you on the receiving end, this time. Even a wonderful listener like you can use support in hearing your own heart's call and expression. Translating what comes to you into a book requires a certain kind of sensitivity and skill. As a Book Developer, this is where I can help.
“Unconditional positive regard and presence are two qualities that every good therapist aspires to. When achieved, the counselor becomes a healer. What a delightful surprise to find that Naomi Rose excels in these attributes. My hope, in initially working with her, was to get back on track with my book. What is happening, through being deeply listened to, is that I am starting to hear myself. Because of that, my relationship to writing has shifted to a level that will grow beyond the book project and inform the rest of my life. The book has become a bonus and I am grateful.” — Clare Goodwin, Psychosynthesis Therapist, author, Gifts of the Mandala: A Guided Journey of Self-Discovery
WHEREVER YOU ARE IN YOUR BOOK-WRITING JOURNEY IS WHERE WE START FROM.
Let’s say you have:
💮 A partly written manuscript that you’d like more clarity about — and more love for.
💮 (Multiple versions of) writings stored somewhere on your computer or in notebooks, and are feeling somewhat overwhelmed.
💮 An idea of what you might want to write a book about, but nothing is actually written.
💮 Years of wisdom about what heals the psyche, spirit, body to impart — but nothing down on paper.
💮 Your own life's journey that’s calling to be set down in writing.
💮 No specific idea at this point, but you do have an inner urging that isn’t going away.
Whether you're called to write: a nonfiction book based on your professional experience and insights / a memoir / a work of fiction or narrative nonfiction / essays / an article / or even a website that truly reflects you, I can help you bring forth a manuscript that will fulfill you creatively and reverberate from your heart to the hearts of your readers.
Our world needs so much healing from the inside out. Depth is an essential nourishment that’s missing from so much of modern life, and from so many books today. This means that the need to contact and live from our true nature goes unheard and unmeet.
Your book can bridge this gap. The people your readers can become through reading your book can help shift the balance in the world.
If the desire to write a book has whispered itself to you, honor it.
Schedule a complimentary half-hour session with me to explore writing the book of your heart. I reserve a certain number of hours for this purpose each month, and I really want to make time for you.
“There was a deep knowing that there was so much I needed to express, and that urgency was called a book. [After a while] it went from inchoate to ‘This is absolutely possible. I’m going to do it!’” [And she did.] — Merle Jenaii Gold, author, The Moon, the Hare, and the Pearl: A Guide to Intuitive Psychotherapy
To learn about my packages and fees, click the button below:
Reviews from Healer-Clients
(1) 📗 “Naomi has had a profound effect on my life by helping me not only create something I’d only dreamed of, but also realize the importance of fulfilling and honoring such a calling. To work with her is to experience acceptance, wonder, respect, honor, encouragement, guidance, and complete attention — in essence, the precious and rare gift of love. Love for the potential, beauty, and spirit that is inside me, and all of us. In such a presence, those things within naturally flower into a unique, yet universal, offering of a book. Writing this book has become a journey of discovery in the deepest way.” — Thuy Nguyen, Licensed Acupuncturist, founder, Berkeley Community Acupuncture (Berkeley, CA)
(2) 📗 “You kept me coming back to what’s most meaningful about what I’m trying to do and have done. You ask deep questions. You’re with me in that depth and heart and spirit, because that’s right where you are. You stuck with it. You listened. You obviously care. I think you are a midwife and therapist.” —Lisa Carey, healer with quilts, Quilted Journey Arts
(3) 📗 “Naomi Rose took my manuscript and turned it into a book! I can't even begin to thank her enough.” — Larry Decker, PhD, author, THE ALCHEMY OF COMBAT: Transforming Trauma in Combat Veterans: A guide for therapists, family, friends, loved ones, colleagues, and others who care. Foreword by Karl Malantes, author of Why We Go to War. Published by Suluk Press
(4) 📗 "It's been really wonderful working with Naomi. She is so kind and supportive and gentle and appreciative, yet perceptive of the places where my book needed improvement, from commas to emotional nuances. Her faith in my book has been very important to me in keeping my inner critic at bay. She has inspired me to honor what I have written by doing the work necessary to bring it into the coherent and beautiful form it deserves." — Rahima Warren, MFT (ret.), author, THE STAR-SEER’S PROPHECY (a fantasy trilogy of the healing journey). Published by Rose Press
(5) 📗 “I owe the present edition of my book to Naomi Rose, to whom I am indebted. An experienced editor and writing coach helping people find their own depth through self-expression. I trusted that she would be the right person to revise my manuscript. She was moved by its content and not only was grateful for the opportunity to read it but also expressed the wish that she might be of further help in its becoming known to the English-speaking public [through publication]. I like the idea of having my book produced with such maternal care and deep appreciation.” — Claudio Naranjo, MD, author, HEALING CIVILIZATION: Bringing Personal Transformation into the Societal Realm. . . . Foreword by Jean Houston, PhD. Published by Rose Press
(6) 📗 “Naomi is an amazing writing coach. She started me on my path of writing from my depths ten years ago. I loved how she supported me to quickly claim my unique strengths as a writer. Naomi coached me through writing my very first e-course, ‘Collage for Self-Discovery,’ which is still alive and loved in the online market today.” — Shelley Klammer, Expressive Arts Counselor; author of the Foreword to STARTING YOU BOOK: A Guide to Navigating the Blank Page, by Naomi Rose. Published by Rose Press
(7) 📗 "The purpose of writing this book was to share with a wider audience the transformational work that I was doing with individuals and groups [about authentic public speaking]. In my workshops on authentic speaking, I knew how to guide people to their inner voice and speak from the heart. However, when writing, I was not able to tap into the clarity, strength, and power of my own inner knowing.
“Naomi provided the warm and inviting space that I needed to speak about my work and listen to the words as they emerged from within. She showed me how to write from my deeper Self. It always surprises me when I receive a call from someone who has said they have read my book and want to work with me. This is what pleases me the most. Without the book, I could not have reached the number of people who are now able to learn about Essential Speaking.” — Doreen Hamilton, PhD, author, ESSENTIAL SPEAKING: The 7-Step Guide to Finding Your Real Voice
(8) 📗 “Unconditional positive regard and presence are two qualities that every good therapist aspires to. When achieved, the counselor becomes a healer. What a delightful surprise to find that Naomi Rose excels in these attributes. Through being deeply listened to, I am starting to hear myself. Because of that, my relationship to writing has shifted to a level that will grow beyond the book project and inform the rest of my life. The book has become a bonus, and I am grateful." — Clare Goodwin, Psychosynthesis Therapist, author, GIFTS OF THE MANDALA: A Guided Journey of Self-Discovery. Published by Balboa Press, a division of Hay House
(9) 📗 “When I decided to dive into all the notes I had collected and really turn my outline into a book, Naomi Rose was an invaluable partner on the journey. She understood what I wanted to say, and made sure that my thoughts flowed smoothly. Her grasp of the book extended from the overall vision down to the details, and even in small ways — by completing a phrase or rearranging a sentence or paragraph here and there — she created an appealing whole out of the many ideas I had to share. Her insights and her gift for understanding my message raised my confidence so much. She shared my vision, and was genuinely excited about getting this book out into the world.
“The book is now changing lives, and finding its way into homes and hearts around the world. She offered the support I needed to create the book that I dared to dream was possible. Thank you so much, Naomi!” — Barbara Hanneloré, Women’s Way Moon Cycles, author, THE MOON AND YOU: A Woman's Way to an Easier Monthly Cycle. Published by Bell House. Finalist, Indie Excellence Book Awards; Silver Award, Living Now Book Awards
(10) 📗 "As a therapist, I know how grateful my patients are when they feel genuinely understood, not just their processes, but their essence. I didn't know I could feel the same way with a book-developer! But working with Naomi, I felt that and more. I too am profoundly grateful for her skillful way of bringing out the best in her clients and, mostly, for her humanity. She provided me with a sense of being understood, helped me clarify what I wanted to convey, and organized the material so that it began to have more structural integrity. Her comments and suggestions reflected my intentions, and her questions inspired me to go deeper.
“Naomi shared with me a feeling of deep appreciation of my work, both the content and those passages where her 'breath was taken away.' That some of my writing touched her so deeply gave me a sense of confidence to trust my heart to speak its truth." — Shelle Goldstein, LCSW, PA, author, BLOSSOMING BEYOND THE DESERT: Reflections on the Passover Seder as a Journey Towards Freedom, Healing, and Wholeness
(11) 📗 “Working with Naomi has been a total delight. Not only is she able to deeply listen to me and fully grasp my ideas and intentions but she is also wonderfully talented at helping me clarify and plan out the structure and scope of my book. Her understanding and support of me combines with her own great insight and makes her an outstanding and inspiring midwife for creative process.” — Kathy Carlson, MA, Ph.D., MFT; author, THE FLAME AT THE TIP OF THE CANDLE
(12) 📗 “For a year and a half and three hundred pages later, Naomi has been my gifted guide. A great boat woman, she takes her seat quietly at the helm, and listens in a way that always inspires what is waiting to be known, said, and written to come forth. Practically skillful and mindfully soulful, she is helpful at every turn and around all the stops and stages in the process of book making.
“But mostly, she is the best kind of friend, and that’s really what it takes.” — Prema Nihan, Transformative Business Coach and Counselor, author, RIVER’S GRACE: Navigating the Sacred and Mundane in Motherhood
(13) 📗 "If you ever need an expert second opinion and a gentle hand to help you with your manuscript, I highly recommend Naomi Rose. The scope of our work together was to have her give me an overview of what she thought of my second novel, The Spirit Bundle. She pointed out possible chapter reconstructions, the need for embedding character or scene descriptions earlier in the book, general syntax corrections, and much more.
“Those kinds of improvement strategies might have threatened some authors. Naomi presented each observation with supreme respect for my creative process and my author’s sensitivity to correction. Most everything she offered me has profoundly increased the quality of my tale. I am profoundly grateful for her knowledge and her caring for this project.” — Earlene Gleisner, RN, Reiki Master, author, The Spirit Bundle (Book 2 in “The Sacred Bundle” series)
(14) 📗 "When I began this process, my deepest yearnings were twofold: one, that the words expressed would be a true expression of my soul; and two, that in the process of writing I would find and deepen my relationship with my creativity, and myself. Naomi has been a precious guide in both respects. She has provided unwavering support and profound mirroring, and has gently guided and encouraged me, again and again, to write from the place of my true and authentic self. In the process, I have come into relationship with my deepest creative self, after a lifetime of longing and disconnection from it.
“Her intellectual capacity is also profound: she understands and helps me give voice to complex intellectual and conceptual concepts, as well as deeply personal and spiritual ones. She is a truly gifted teacher and guide. Anyone who has the pleasure of working with her will encounter the joy of discovering many hidden gifts and treasures in their work and, perhaps more importantly, in themselves." — Carolyn Shoshana Fershtman, PhD, author of a book on healing intergenerational Jewish trauma
(15) 📗 “Sitting with you was like sitting with a seasoned spiritual director. Very present, very open to what I might say. Responding from the heart to my writings, which was very precious to me. For a person who is longing to be deeply heard, just sitting with you and seeing my spoken work impact you is a precious thing. You help me to see the transcendent aspect of my writing, so that it becomes an ‘of course’ to think of sharing it outside our meetings, perhaps to publish it.” — Roberta Gannon, MFT, Spiritual Director, poet
(16) 📗 “I am so honored that my book has been of value to you. I have felt very seen by you, and that is so much what therapy is about. We all yearn for that." — Jenaii Gold, MFT; author, The Moon, the Hare, and the Pearl: An Intuitive Guide to Psychotherapy
Together, we can listen your book into being.
Because a deep listener like you deserves to be heard far and wide.
It’s not how many pages you write. It’s how much of you goes onto the page.